Packed with Asian flavors, the Fiji Joe Turmeric Stir-fried Beef is not only DELISH but quick and easy to prepare! If it’s one thing I don’t like, it’s overcooked, lifeless vegetables and I promise you that this meal provides you with nutritious, crunchy vegetables, with their nutritional value intact and not ruined by overcooking or immense heat exposure. The perfect dish to replace lost nutrients, I find myself refreshed after this light meal.
Ready to eat in less than 30 minutes, a lean cut of beef is marinated with a simple combination of Fiji Joe Turmeric, salt and pepper then flash-fried with crunchy vegetables, keeping their color and shape. Remember to prepare all of your ingredients, including the Chinese-inspired sauce as the actual cooking process goes by pretty quickly and you may overcook your stir-fry if you’re not careful! This sauce that ties everything together is simple yet flavor-packed. Serve the stir-fried beef and vegetables immediately over a prepared bowl of hot, steamed rice or your choice of egg or rice noodles. If you’re keto, then I find that cauliflower rice works the best with this one! Don’t forget to add lime and coriander for more crisp, freshness. Enjoy!
Yield: Serves 2
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Fiji Joe Turmeric
pinch salt & pepper for marinade
1/2 cup lean beef, thinly sliced
1/2 cup green beans, cleaned and cut into two pieces
1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced into large chunks
1/2 cup onion, sliced into large chunks
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp honey
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp pepper, pinch salt
1/2 a lime and coriander to serve
- Place the beef strips in a bowl and Fiji Joe Turmeric, salt and pepper to the meat. Toss well to coat and set this aside to marinate
- Prepare your vegetables for the stir-fry. Coarsely chop the red bell pepper and onion. Cut the ends off the green beans and slice once through the middle. Coarsely chop up some coriander, juice a quarter of the lime and cut the rest of the lime into cubes. Prepare the sauce by whisking together the soy sauce, oyster sauce and honey with a little bit of water.
- Heat 2/3 of the oil in a large frying pan over high heat, add the beef and continue to toss until it’s golden brown. This would only take 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the beef from the pan and add in your vegetables in this order; green beans, bell peppers and onions. Create a well in the middle of the vegetables and add in the garlic and ginger. Continue to toss vigorously until aromatic.
- Return the beef to the pan and mix everything together
- After 1 to 2 minutes, add the sauce prepared earlier to the pan. Stir this in over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in half of the chopped coriander, fish sauce and sesame seed oil just before removing this from the heat.
- Divide hot steamed rice or noodles among 2 bowls and serve the stir-fried beef immediately. Once the beef has been plated, serve this with a cube of lime & the remainder of the chopped coriander.